A video teleconference or video conferencing is the interaction in telecommunications technology that allows two or more people with different locations to interact through two-way audio and video transmissions simultaneously. This is the kind of groupware and is also called ‘visual collaboration’.
A video conferencing system on the Internet (also known as “web conference“) transforms your Personal Computer into a real virtual meeting room, it is interactive and available 24 hours/day. You can meet friends or people who you choose; they are in the same town as you or around the world!
Just install the software applying Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to use online video conferencing, then you can talk to your friends or people (audience) as if your speakers on the phone, but it’s much more interactive.
You not only can talk to them directly, but you can write to them, you can see them face to face and also be able to exchange documents or files. And all this is happening live and in real time.
The main advantage of online video conferencing are:
- Significant reduction in logistics costs associated with attendance
- Ease of use
- Save energy and time
- Control of IT spending
- The period of rapid commissioning
- Ensure scalability (continuous update or renewal of the software)
- Security (data encryption) supplied by the provider
Some of the providers offer: they charge some of the time spent in online video conferencing/minute and also number of participants. Although the unit rate is very low, but the cost will be an obstacle in the end. Select the software for unlimited use (flat rate).
Many activities can be done through online video conferencing applications:
- Offer interactive and seminars distance learning
- Quickly develop and formulate your network of potential customers and partners.
- Easy to coordinate the organization by broadcasting information and make decisions quickly
- Improve internal communication and relationships within your teamwork, increase productivity and adapt to your destination in real time.
- Increase sales by improving the presentation of services or products through multimedia animation
- Provide unparalleled customer service through direct contact
With online video conferencing you can imagine many other possibilities!
image source: www.skype.comonlinevideo chat